TCI Governor issues Salt Cay evacuation order Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 26 Aug 2015 – By weekend, Tropical Storm Erika is forecast to be a category one hurricane and on its current trajectory the TCI is in her cross hairs. Red Cross has already began distributing sand bags and with the help of DEMA, you can fill those bags with sand. Remember to bring along a shovel. The weather is also becoming more windy, and that is likely the remnants of Danny impacting Providenciales; North Caicos told Magnetic Media there was rain off and on yesterday. Disaster Management and Emergencies confirmed late today that hurricane shelters are ready. The Bahamas Department of Meteorology issuing updates including a current severe weather alert for the Northern and Central Bahamas. Again, the remnants of Danny have brought heavy showers to this area of The Bahamas but also in the forecast are waterspouts and severe thunderstorm activity. Southeastern Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos are warned now to prepare, as a Tropical Storm warning could be issued as early as tomorrow for Erika, whose winds extend 80 miles from the center and which is with wind speeds at 45mph right now. TCI participates in CDB sponsored disaster strategy workshop Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:erika, hurricane, weekends Recommended for you TCI Disaster Office launches Hurricane Prep Month
#MagneticNewsMedia Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 18, 2017 – Turks and Caicos Police are concerned with the surge in apparent child pornography circulating in the country; we say apparent because while it appears the individuals on videos being spread feature under aged islanders, it is unconfirmed at this point.In a media notice, Officer Kevin Clarke outlines that the filming and spreading of the material are against both the law; the actions are exploitive and Police is prepared to prosecute anyone caught in this illicit activity and the release even talks about, ‘revenge porn’. Clarke said, “We cannot tell people what to do during their sexual encounters, however, as an adult if you allow recording of the act it is important to be informed about revenge porn. Revenge Porn is defined as the sharing of private, sexual materials, either photos or videos, of another person without their consent via any medium and with the purpose of causing embarrassments or distress. The victims of this humiliating, unacceptable and degrading act can be any age, men or women. This practice has also been described as a form of Domestic violence and sexual abuse and is normally carried out by an ex-lover…” As for penalties according to Turks and Caicos law; six months in jail or a $5,000 fine or both. Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA
The publishers said the goal of the venture is fourfold: to create a highly featured common reading application capable of rendering the distinctive look and feel of each publication; to create a robust publishing platform that’s optimized for multiple devices, operating systems and screen sizes; to create a digital storefront offering an “extensive selection” of reading options; and to create a selection of advertising opportunities.For advertisers, the group said this new initiative will provide them with innovative ad formats that “benefit from the highly engaging, interactive nature of this new medium.”It was not immediately clear if the group is developing the technology behind the initiative in-house, or has partnered with a technology vendor. It also wasn’t clear how much each publishing partner has invested in the project so far. A spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment.The publishers said they collectively represent an audience of 144.6 million, according to MRI figures. As was expected, a consortium of some of the industry’s biggest magazine publishers today unveiled plans to develop open standards for a new digital storefront à la iTunes, as well as the related technology to allow consumers to access magazines on portable digital devices.Publishers involved in the venture include Time Inc., Condé Nast, Hearst and Meredith Corp. News Corp. also is part of the initiative. The group said it will eventually welcome other publishers to use the technology, too.As was previously reported, Time Inc. executive vice president John Squires will lead the initiative, at least in the interim, as managing director. “For the consumer, this digital initiative will provide access to an extraordinary selection of engaging content products, all customized for easy download on the device of their choice, including smartphones, e-readers and laptops,” he said in a statement announcing the initiative. “Once purchased, this content will be ‘unlocked’ for consumers to enjoy anywhere, anytime, on any platform.”
Outbrain has now raised a total of $99 million after tacking on another reported $35 million this week. The content recommendation company is said to be targeting a valuation of $1 billion, and will look to raise $100-300 million in order to roll out its IPO.Of course right now everything is speculative, and despite the flurry of investments into Outbrain, no statement has been issued regarding a possible IPO, new product launch or acquisition. The company has only stated that its investment rounds are nothing more than fundraising opportunities. What exactly they are fundraising for remains a mystery.Outbrain’s product is innocuously positioned at the bottom of content pages, and offers readers links to similar content. The company reports that the product has been installed on more than 100,000 sites, including a network of 700 “premium publishers.” Also, the company says that it offers up more than 100 billion recommendations each month.
News Facebook GRAMMY winner Patton Oswalt will star in the one-hour stand-up comedy show to be released Oct. 17 via Netflix. Titled Annihilation, the special was filmed at Chicago’s Athenaeum Theatre earlier this summer.According to Entertainment Weekly, the special will cover the difficult year Oswalt has had since the tragic and sudden death of his wife, Michelle McNamara, in April 2016, and how humor has helped him cope with the loss. He’ll also touch on other topics such as social media, robocalls and, like any good comedian, politics.Annihilation serves as the follow-up to Oswalt’s 2016 stand-up comedy show, Talking For Clapping. The album version of the latter earned the GRAMMY for Best Comedy Album at the 59th GRAMMY Awards.’Def Comedy 25′: Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Kevin Hart & More Twitter Find out when the GRAMMY winner will have a new one-hour comedy stand-up special available on Netflix Renée FabianGRAMMYs Aug 28, 2017 – 4:34 pm Get ready to laugh, because one of your favorite comedians is coming back to Netflix with a new comedy special. Email Patton Oswalt Brings ‘Annihilation’ To Netflix NETWORK ERRORCannot Contact ServerRELOAD YOUR SCREEN OR TRY SELECTING A DIFFERENT VIDEO May 15, 2017 – 1:50 am Patton Oswalt Wins Best Comedy Album GRAMMY Patton Oswalt Preps Netflix ‘Annihilation’ patton-oswalt-brings-annihilation-netflix