Šibenik attracted more than 50 million kuna from the EU for the revitalization of fortresses

first_imgAt the 41st session of the World Heritage Committee in July this year, which took place in Krakow, Zadar and Šibenik were included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. UNESCO protection was given to the Venetian ramparts of Zadar and the Šibenik fortress of St. Nicholas.Thus, Šibenik became the first city in Croatia with two cultural monuments on the UNESCO list, which certainly additionally means the wind behind the development of cultural tourism in Šibenik. At the same time, it provides access to funds for much-needed renovation and protection of the facility itself and the entire access zone. The fortress would preserve its original shape and become a central attraction and gathering place within the area of ​​the significant landscape of the Canal Harbor in Šibenik. Together with the arrangement of the promenade, the beach and the future visitor center in the former Minerska barracks, the UNESCO stamp will be the crown of the project of the Tourist valorization of the Channel of St. Ante in Šibenik, which started in 2010. Šibenik-Knin County for the tourist valorization of the fortress of St. Nikola in Šibenik and the protection of traditional architecture, within the Operational Program ‘Competitiveness and Cohesion’ of the Ministry of Regional Development and EU funds, 4,3 million kuna was approved.Thus, the Šibenik-Knin County has so far attracted more than 50 million kuna of EU money just for the revitalization of fortresses, reports Business diary.Sv. Nikola is now bringing in another 2,05 million kuna for the revitalization, and 2,3 million kuna has been allocated for the protection and presentation of the local autochthonous architecture, the dry stone wall. “Šibenik is extremely proud of all its four fortresses”, Commented for Poslovni dnevnik from the office of Mayor Željko Burić, reminding that so far Sv. Mihovil and Barone have become cultural and tourist attractions that attract many visitors from all over the world. “The history of the city is woven into them, and our intention is to restore and protect them, make them functional and show the world the wealth we have”, They say from the office.Šibenik Fortress of St. Nicholas on the UNESCO World Heritage List last_img read more

Braithwaite: I won’t wash my jersey after Messi hug

first_imgRelatedPosts Barca president Bartomeu says he won’t go to war anymore with Messi Messi scores twice in Barca friendly Messi becomes football’s second billionaire + Top 10 Martin Braithwaite joked he won’t wash his Barcelona kit after getting a hug from new teammate Lionel Messi during a 5-0 win against Eibar on Saturday. Braithwaite, who signed for Barca from Leganes on Thursday for €18 million, was introduced for the final 20 minutes and made an immediate impact with a cross for Messi’s fourth goal of the game. The Danish international was also involved in his new club’s fifth: Braithwaite’s shot was saved by goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic but Arthur Melo netted the rebound. “Messi congratulated me [for the pass],” Braithwaite told reporters when asked what the Argentine said during their embrace. “He’s a great guy. He tried to make me feel comfortable and looked to find me with his passes. “I won’t wash my kit after the hug he gave me [laughs]. Honestly, I am really happy to have been able to set him up for a goal.” Barca were given special dispensation by La Liga to sign Braithwaite this week as a replacement for Ousmane Dembele, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season. The former Middlesbrough forward, who will only be allowed to play in league matches, was given a warm welcome by home supporters when he replaced Antoine Griezmann. “The ovation was really special,” Braithwaite said. “It’s something that I saw on television when I was little, how they treat the new players [here], and suddenly to be here and experience that from the fans is incredible. I am really proud. “I feel really good here, surrounded by fantastic players. I tried to run and move, which is what I have to do, and my teammates found me. It’s been amazing. I am really happy.” Barca’s newest signing Martin Braithwaite struggled to string any sort of juggling sequence together. Barcelona coach Quique Setien was impressed with what he saw from his new signing and tipped him to make a contribution in the final phase of the campaign. “Braithwaite did more than I expected, much more,” Setien said in a news conference. “Honestly, I think we have made an extraordinary signing. He’s going to adapt perfectly to what we need. “We’ve seen he has good movement, but beyond the goals he was involved in, he’s good in space and he understands the game so well. He is an extraordinary player and he’s going to help us a lot.”Tags: Antoine GriezmannArthur MeloEibarLionel MessiMarko DmitrovicMartin Braithwaitelast_img read more

Alabama’s Tagovailoa leaves game with ankle injury

first_imgLast Updated: 20th October, 2019 19:32 IST Alabama’s Tagovailoa Leaves Game With Ankle Injury Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa left in the first half against Tennessee with an ankle injury. Tagovailoa walked off the field and was taken to the sideline medical tent during the second quarter on Saturday night. Written By Associated Press Television News 10 months ago Thailand’s budget bill of $106 billion passed narrowly by MPs SUBSCRIBE TO US 10 months ago Savages in the box go bust with slew of strikeouts COMMENT 10 months ago South Africa grinds down Japan 26-3 to reach the Rugby World Cup semifinals against Wales FOLLOW US Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa left in the first half against Tennessee with an ankle injury. Tagovailoa walked off the field and was taken to the sideline medical tent during the second quarter on Saturday night. The 2018 Heisman Trophy runner-up then was escorted to the locker room while Mac Jones took his place.Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban told ESPN Tagovailoa twisted an ankle and that he wasn’t sure if the quarterback’s status for the second half. Tagovailoa called a timeout just before the play clock ran out after a sack and walked to the sideline.He was 11 of 12 for 155 before the injury. Tagovailoa did throw an interception on first-and-goal from the 2 when he tried to force the ball while scrambling. First Published: 20th October, 2019 19:32 IST WATCH US LIVE WE RECOMMEND 10 months ago North Carolina Republicans return for session likely end LIVE TVlast_img read more

LeoVegas overturns Swedish licensing restrictions

first_img LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 StumbleUpon Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share Share Stockholm-listed online gambling group LeoVegas AB has re-established its five-year Swedish gaming licence, having won its appeal against gaming inspectorate Spelinspektionen.LeoVegas governance had challenged Spelinspektionen’s decision to limit its licence to a two-year operating period, in relation to committing UK advertising violations.Filing a challenge with the Swedish Administrative Court of Linköping, LeoVegas governance contested the decision by stating that foreign regulatory discrepancies should hold no bearing on an incumbent’s licence conditions.Contesting Spelinspektionen actions, LeoVegas governance cited that its UK marketing discrepancies related to 2016 and that the operator had implemented all the demands administered by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), fulfiling its licensee terms for the UK market.“A regulated market has more extensive requirements in relation to responsible gaming with a strong consumer protection focus,” says Vala Karimi, General Counsel LeoVegas. “LeoVegas welcomed the regulation even before its introduction and sees the decision of the Administrative Court as very positive and it gives us an opportunity to continue to focus on compliance.”In its update, LeoVegas governance underlines its commitment to responsible gambling as a Swedish licensed operator, with the company having launched its LeoSafePlay vertical as a separate business unit with the goal of creating the ‘best conditions for the next generation system, based on machine learning and artificial intelligence’.Commenting on developments, Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO LeoVegas, said:”After our investments in regulatory compliance and our experiences from regulated markets, this decision is a receipt that we are conducting a professional business. I am proud of our teams that have delivered this in the difficult-navigating environment in which we operate.“The extended license gives us continued peace of mind in the Swedish market, where we take market shares month by month. We also see that several smaller players are leaving the market at the same time as marketing has diminished. With our eight gaming licenses I look forward to the continued offensive expansion, and this year alone we have gone live in several new markets and we will continue to focus on profitable growth.”last_img read more