The Weeknd Set to Perform 2021 Super Bowl Halftime Show

first_img“It’s really hard for me to celebrate right now and enjoy this moment so I’m just gonna say justice for Jacob Blake and justice for Breonna Taylor,” he stated at the August show. “Thank you.”Past Super Bowl halftime show performers include Madonna, Beyoncé, Coldplay, Katy Perry, U2, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson and 2020’s pairing of Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.Listen to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news!- Advertisement – – Advertisement – “We all grow up watching the world’s biggest acts playing the Super Bowl and one can only dream of being in that position,” the singer, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, said in a statement on Thursday. “I’m humbled, honored and ecstatic to be the center of that infamous stage.”This is the second year that the halftime show is created by NFL, Pepsi and Roc Nation. “The Weeknd has introduced a sound all his own,” Jay-Z, founder of Roc Nation, said in a statement. “His soulful uniqueness has defined a new generation of greatness in music and artistry. This is an extraordinary moment in time and the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show is going to be an extraordinary experience with an extraordinary performer.”The Canada native may make a statement during his performance, as he did at the 2020 MTV VMAs. He took home two Moonpersons — Best R&B and Video of the Year — and didn’t make a full acceptance speech either time.- Advertisement –center_img Although the 2021 Super Bowl may look a bit different than past years, one thing will remain: A huge star(boy) will hit the stage for the Pepsi halftime show.The Weeknd was announced as the official performer on Thursday, November 12. The three-time Grammy winner, 30, is set to take the stage on Sunday, February 7, at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, for Super Bowl LV.The Weeknd performs at the Global Citizen Festival The Weeknd Announced as 2021 Super Bowl Halftime PerformerThe Weeknd performs at the Global Citizen Festival in New York on September 29, 2018. Adela Loconte/Shutterstock- Advertisement –last_img read more

Dyche: Ings contract talks ongoing

first_img Dyche said: “We have had ongoing communication with him and his agent as we do with every other player – Danny is just one of those we talk to freely. “Danny has assured everybody that he will be here so I don’t need to speak on his behalf. “It is an ongoing situation that we have had many times since I have been here. It is tough in the Premier League but we are making a good fist of it at the moment and if there is interest in your players it usually means there is life in the club. “I only speak to him (Ings) about his performances and how he is doing. The signs are good about him learning and adapting to the top level of football and even more so as a striker who has top international defenders against him. “Every manager wants players who are settled where they are and ours are settled as a group and they want to play well at this level.” Press Association The 22-year-old’s fine form for the Clarets this season has prompted speculation of a move elsewhere with his current deal set to expire at the end of the current campaign. But Ings reportedly stressed his desire to stay at Turf Moor earlier this week and Dyche is also resolute that the England under-21 front man is not for sale. center_img Burnley boss Sean Dyche has revealed the club are involved in “ongoing communication” with striker Danny Ings over a contract extension.last_img read more