An ankle injury forced Saina Nehwal to pull out of the Indian Open badminton championships, which got underway in Hyderabad on Wednesday. The Indian ace experienced pain in her right ankle after a practice session in the morning and subsequently withdrew.Saina confirmed that she had experienced pain on Wednesday. “Everytime I stretched on my right side, I felt a slight pain. I consulted Kiran Kumar (physiotherapist) and Pullela Gopi Chand sir and they were of the view that I should pull out,” said Saina.Saina added she had experienced similar pain in the third game of the Hong Kong Super Series final on Sunday, where she emerged victorious. ” I had felt the same pain when I was leading 17- 14 against Wang Shixian. But I continued as I was so close to winning,” she said.Speaking to Mail Today, Kiran Kumar said the injury was not serious. “It is not at all a serious injury. But then, seeing the tight schedule that she has ivn the coming year, we thought it was better not to take a chance,” he said.Elaborating on the injury, Kiran said Saina’s subtalar joint was at the root of the problem. ” One needs some massage and rest. I saw her ankle and felt that she needed at least a week’s break. Conversely, had she played, the injury could have been aggravated. It would have also put her out of action for five to six weeks,” Kiran Kumar said.But the bigger issue is with that with five to six weeks being the recovery period for her, the Indian ace is certain to miss the Super Series finals that are slated to be held in Taipei from January 5.advertisementWhen asked whether Saina would be able to play in the Taipei event, Kiran felt her chances were ” not too bright”. For his part, chief coach Gopi Chand said Saina was keen to participate but was prevented from going ahead. ” We did not want to take any risk by playing her here,” he said.Meanwhile, C Punnaiah Choudhary, the tournament secretary, admitted that Saina’s pull out came as a big disappointment.”The organisers and local fans were all hoping to see their star player win.Unfortunately that will not happen now,” he said.He also said that Saina will be fined for pulling out after the tournament had started. ” She will have to cough up the penalty of $ 250 for withdrawing so late,” Choudhary said.
zoom Norwegian shipping company Torvald Klaveness has revealed that three 80,500 dwt CABU combination carriers being built for the company by China-based Zheiang Ouhua Shipbuilding will be delivered soon, starting from this September.The naming ceremonies for the first two vessels, MV Balboa and MV Baffin, took place last week at the shipyard in Zhousan.According to Klaveness, MV Balboa will be delivered at the end of September 2016 and MV Baffin in November. On its maiden voyage, MV Balboa will ship caustic soda from Taiwan to Australia.The third vessel, MV Ballard, is scheduled for delivery in January 2017.Klaveness ordered the three CABU combination carriers in 2013 and 2014.“The new vessels have been designed to reduce fuel consumption with 5-10 % achieved through amongst others an optimal hull form, fuel saving devices and a low RPM main engine with large diameter propeller,” according to the company.In December 2015, Klaveness ordered three 83,500 dwt combination carriers from China’s Jiangsu New Yangzi Shipbuilding, slated for delivery during the second half of 2018.Klaveness’ current fleet is comprised of six CABU combination carriers, eight containerships and one Kamsarmax vessel.
Audience members also confirmed the news on Twitter, with one writing, “At cast & crew screening of @YARDIES & @IdrisElba just proposed to his girlfriend Sabrina!! Too cute,” while another posted, “At cast & crew screening of YARDIES & Idris Elba just proposed to his girlfriend Sabrina!! Big Congrats !!”The couple has yet to confirm the news themselves.Elba (L) and Ms Dhowre attend Idris Elba’s Christmas Party, at Kadie’s Cocktail Bar & Club in London, in 2017The 45-year-old made his romance with Sabrina (a 29-year-old model who won Miss Vancouver in 2014) official in September when they made their red carpet debut at the Toronto International Film Festival and at the premiere of his movie Molly’s Game.The British actor has been married twice before — to make-up artist Hanne Norgaard, who he divorced in 2003, and real estate attorney Sonya Nicole Hamlin. Login/Register With: Twitter Idris Elba and girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre attend the Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto on Sept. 10, 2017. | Euan Cherry / WENN.com Advertisement Advertisement Idris Elba is engaged to marry his girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre.The Luther actor shocked a crowd at a screening of his new film when he got down on one knee and proposed to Sabrina onstage at the Rio Cinema in London ahead of a cast and crew screening of his directorial debut Yardie on Saturday.“Another @riocinema first!” representatives for the venue wrote on Twitter. “Still 5 days to Valentines Day but @idriselba went down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend live on stage this morning before a preview of his film #Yardie.” LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Advertisement He told Essence magazine in July that he had given up on marriage after two failed attempts.“Am I ever gonna get remarried? I don’t think so,” he said. “Marriage is an institution of sorts. And I’ve done it. It’s not for everybody. It’s not my life’s calling.”Idris has a 15-year-old daughter, named Isan, from his marriage to Norgaard, and he shares a three-year-old son, called Winston, with ex-girlfriend Naiyana Garth, who he split from in 2016.Another @riocinema first! Still 5 days to Valentines Day but @idriselba went down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend live on stage this morning before a preview of his film #Yardie pic.twitter.com/XRtca1xcv0— Rio Cinema (@riocinema) February 10, 2018