The report credits Samsung’s success to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, as well as flagships, such as the Galaxy S20 series and the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Apple also had a delayed launch for its iPhone 12 series which prevented the Cupertino giant from getting that push in sales. Typically, Apple launches new iPhone models in September, which is the end of the third quarter. This time, the launch took place in October.Lastly, the report adds that in terms of the global smartphone market in Q3 2020, Samsung took the top spot with 21.9 percent share, beating Huawei and Xiaomi.An analysis by International Data Corporation (IDC) for Indian smartphone market for Q3 2020 also revealed that Samsung came in second with 12.1 million smartphones shipped, but had a significant 38.1 percent growth compared to Q3 2019.- Advertisement – Samsung has surpassed Apple for the first time in three years by shipping the highest number of smartphones in the third quarter of 2020 in the US. According to the analysis carried out by Strategy Analytics, Samsung had a market share of 33.7 percent in the US this year. Apple came in second, followed by LG. The report says that Samsung was able to take the lead this time thanks to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, along with the launch of its new Samsung Galaxy S20 series.As per the report by Korean Herald citing Strategy Analytics, for the first time since 2017, Samsung has surpassed Apple in terms of total smartphones shipped in a quarter. In the third quarter of 2020, Samsung accounted for 33.7 percent of the US smartphone market which is a 6.7 percent growth compared to last year’s third quarter. Apple came in second with 30.2 percent market share. LG followed with 14.7 percent market share.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Is this the end of the Samsung Galaxy Note series as we know it? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
People in Melbourne must now wear masks when leaving their homes as Victoria, Australia’s second most-populous state, marked two weeks of triple-digit increases in new coronavirus infections on Sunday.Melbournians not wearing face coverings will be fined A$200 ($140), said Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews.Victoria, which has forced nearly 5 million people into a partial six-week lockdown on July 9, reported 363 new cases of the coronavirus on Sunday, after 217 cases the previous day. “We’re going to be wearing masks in Victoria and potentially in other parts of the country for a very long time,” Andrews told a televised briefing.”There’s no vaccine to this wildly infectious virus,” he said. Masks are “a simple thing, but it’s about changing habits, it’s about becoming a simple part of your routine.”Australia has recorded about 11,800 cases of COVID-19, a fraction of what has been seen in other countries or even some US states, but an outbreak of community transmission in Victoria has been growing, prompting authorities to restrict social distancing.Three COVID-19 deaths were reported in Victoria on Sunday, bringing the total to 38 and raising Australia’s death toll to 121.New South Wales, the most populous state, has seen new cases in the low double digits in recent weeks and growing. Health officials are concerned about the transmission rate, which they say is higher than in Victoria.About 60 people in Sydney face a fine of $1,000 each after attending a party Saturday night and breaking the public health guidelines of no more than 20 visitors to a home, police said. Topics :
Cover your eyes, Lakers fans.This is about to get really, really ugly.If the Lakers can’t get up to play a home game against their Staple Center rivals, what hope do they have against anyone else?They hopped on a plane to Denver late Thursday night and you just know the Nuggets were waiting at the airport with a red carpet.Need a win?Call the Lakers.They’ve finally gone complete tank.“I didn’t think we quit,” Meeks argued. “We just didn’t play well.”That’s debatable.While the Clippers ran and rolled and laughed and dunked, the Lakers just went through the motions.With Griffin towering, the Lakers just cowered.When DeAndre Jordan rose up, the Lakers merely covered up.The Clippers walloped the Lakers with a 73-point first half.And then crushed them with a 69-point second half.“It’s embarrassing,” Meeks said. “There really isn’t much else to say.”No one communicated.No one hustled.No one played defense, and whatever offense the Lakers played, it was executed with minimal teamwork or cohesion or care.“We made it tough on ourselves,” Sacre said. “And it kept getting tougher.”They let the Clippers do whatever they wanted, and the Clippers obliged by walking all over them.“When it started going their way, it really went their way.” Johnson said.This wasn’t a basketball game, it was a concession speech.The Lakers gave up on the season, if not officially, certainly symbolically.All that remains now is playing out the rest of the schedule, as painstaking as they might be.And then figuring out who survives to live another season.Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, neither of whom is healthy enough to play, are under contract for next season. Pau Gasol is a free agent and at odds with coach Mike D’Antoni, so you figure one of them will not be back.If not both.Beyond that, there isn’t a player that took the floor on Thursday that is a lock to return.Sadly, they played like they couldn’t care less one way or another.“For whatever reason, we didn’t come to play and they did,” Meeks said.As for D’Antoni, it’s getting harder and harder to defend him.He’s an an obvious target, the so-called leader of this talentless team.He couldn’t get Dwight Howard on board last season and he can’t reach Gasol this year.That’s two All-Star big men essentially turning their back on D’Antoni, which doesn’t bode well for his future.Yes, he once enjoyed success in Phoenix.But he failed in New York and he’s done nothing in Los Angeles to illicit confidence he’s the coach to lead the Lakers out of the darkness.It’s might be unfair to judge D’Antoni based on the cast of misfits he coaches every night, but with every loss the respect for him dwindles just a little bit more.On Thursday, his team didn’t even show up for him.Coaches can survive losing seasons, but only if their teams compete for them.When players stop trying, it’s another story.The Lakers have 20 games left to show they respect D’Antoni enough to play hard for him.But it’s impossible not to wonder if they’ve already tuned him out. The Lakers came crashing down with the thunder of a Blake Griffin dunk on Thursday.And after struggling to open their eyes, they looked around and realized they’d hit rock bottom.It can’t get any worse then this, can it?They can’t fall any further than an embarrassing 142-94 blowout loss to the Clippers, the most lopsided in Lakers history, can they? “The worst loss I’ve ever been a part of,” said Jodie Meeks.“It was draining,” a weary Wesley Jonson said.“We’re all pretty pissed off,” said Robert Sacre.The question is, can the Lakers possibly fall any further?With 20 games left to play in this pitiful season, what do you think? Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Hy-Vee has announced they are acquiring six former Shopko locations throughout Iowa, including one in north-central Iowa, and turning them into Dollar Fresh brand stores by late this summer. .Hy-Vee says their Dollar Fresh locations are designed to offer customers in smaller communities a full selection of grocery items, a bakery section, a dollar section, ready-to-eat meal offerings and other services. The six new locations are Hampton, Cresco, Oelwein, Waukon, Dyersville, and Vinton. The first Dollar Fresh store opened in Osceola in the fall of 2018 with four other Iowa locations opening since then.