Maguire is one of the players who has found himself on the end of criticism having so far failed to live up to his status as the world’s most expensive defender following his £85m move from Leicester in the summer of 2019.However, he was praised by Solskjaer for his performance in the win at Everton, which was achieved thanks to two goals from Bruno Fernandes who, in contrast, has had no problems in excelling since his January arrival from Sporting Lisbon.“I thought Harry’s performance was top against – for me – one of the best in the world at aerial play, (Dominic) Calvert-Lewin, with his timing in the air, his jump, his spring and his athleticism,” said the United boss.“And I thought we as a backline defended really well against him. Very pleased with Harry and the rest of them back there.”Solskjaer: We were set up to fail at GoodisonOle Gunnar Solskjaer heavily criticised the Premier League’s scheduling after his side’s 3-1 win at Everton on Saturday lunchtime, claiming his side “were set up to fail”.United travelled to Istanbul Basaksehir for a Champions League group stage clash on Wednesday – a game they lost 2-1 – before having to face a refreshed Everton at Goodison Park in the weekend’s early kick-off.And despite his team coming from behind to claim all three points, the Norwegian still hit out at what he called the “absolute joke” schedule his players were faced with after Luke Shaw (hamstring), Victor Lindelof (back) and Marcus Rashford (shoulder) all picked up injuries.“How can you expect players to perform to the best of their ability when you send them out at 12.30pm? Absolute joke,” said Solskjaer.“A month ago we tried to move this game. What sense is there for us to play on a Saturday when we could play on the Sunday and there is an international break afterwards?” Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says the quick turnaround from United’s Champions League tie on Wednesday affected their performance against Everton – Advertisement – Solskjaer will be concerned by Manchester United’s inconsistency in performance levels, says former player Lee Sharpe 0:59 3:24 “Why? Because we are the biggest club in the world. People don’t want us to do well. Why? Probably because of the success we’ve had in the past.“We have to live up to that, we have to react to it and don’t let the negatives get into our bubble inside the training ground. Sometimes it is difficult for the lads.” Speaking after the match in a video posted on Manchester United’s Twitter feed the England international added: “We reacted well to two poor results. We felt we were on the right track after Leipzig (a 5-0 win) and we let ourselves down against Arsenal (last Sunday).“It wasn’t good enough as a performance. In the week again we gave them a soft goal and found it too hard to create chances to come back.“We knew this was an important game to get three points. We reacted well but it is only a start.” Manchester United captain Harry Maguire believes criticism which is often so quickly levelled at the club is rooted in jealousy.Some of the pressure which was building on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after two defeats in four days – including the Champions League embarrassment against Istanbul Basaksehir – was lifted with a 3-1 win at Everton.- Advertisement – Victory avoided the ignominy of United’s worst start to a league season since 1989-90 and gave their manager some breathing space after coming under increasing scrutiny but three wins in seven league matches still leaves the club in the bottom half of the table.Maguire admits it is sometimes difficult to ignore the criticism but felt the performance at Goodison Park gave them something to build on after the international break. “At this club one thing I’ve noticed in my time here – I’ve been here a year and a half – is we are the most talked-about club in the world,” he said.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Image:Jordan Pickford and Harry Maguire have words after the Everton goalkeeper kicked the Manchester United captain but avoided VAR action
The report credits Samsung’s success to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, as well as flagships, such as the Galaxy S20 series and the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Apple also had a delayed launch for its iPhone 12 series which prevented the Cupertino giant from getting that push in sales. Typically, Apple launches new iPhone models in September, which is the end of the third quarter. This time, the launch took place in October.Lastly, the report adds that in terms of the global smartphone market in Q3 2020, Samsung took the top spot with 21.9 percent share, beating Huawei and Xiaomi.An analysis by International Data Corporation (IDC) for Indian smartphone market for Q3 2020 also revealed that Samsung came in second with 12.1 million smartphones shipped, but had a significant 38.1 percent growth compared to Q3 2019.- Advertisement – Samsung has surpassed Apple for the first time in three years by shipping the highest number of smartphones in the third quarter of 2020 in the US. According to the analysis carried out by Strategy Analytics, Samsung had a market share of 33.7 percent in the US this year. Apple came in second, followed by LG. The report says that Samsung was able to take the lead this time thanks to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, along with the launch of its new Samsung Galaxy S20 series.As per the report by Korean Herald citing Strategy Analytics, for the first time since 2017, Samsung has surpassed Apple in terms of total smartphones shipped in a quarter. In the third quarter of 2020, Samsung accounted for 33.7 percent of the US smartphone market which is a 6.7 percent growth compared to last year’s third quarter. Apple came in second with 30.2 percent market share. LG followed with 14.7 percent market share.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Is this the end of the Samsung Galaxy Note series as we know it? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
“The government is preparing the vaccine for ASF, so there will be no mass culling of pigs but instead biosecurity measures will be strengthened,” he said.North Sumatra Governor Edy Rahmayadi said many carcasses have been found on the province’s streets and rivers since September last year, allegedly disposed by pig owners. The virus — which is not contagious for humans as it can only be transmitted among pigs — has raised the concerns of pig farmers, with many of them demanding that the administration give compensation for their dead hogs.Read also: #SaveBabi: Medan demonstrators protest pig culling amid swine fever outbreak“The government cannot give compensation for dead livestock because of the virus,” Edy said, adding that it was against the 2009 law on husbandry and animal health.The governor asserted that the provincial administration had been trying to find solutions for the pig farmers who were affected by the outbreak, as he went on to call for locals to stop holding protests on the streets in relation to the outbreak and maintain public order. North Sumatra Police chief Insp. Gen. Martuani Sormin Siregar also concurred with Edy, saying that he hoped the public would stop exaggerating the matter as he suspected there were people using the situation to disrupt public order and security in the province.“If there is anyone who is dissatisfied, let’s discuss or submit solutions in letters. We want to build a dignified and prosperous society,” he said. (hol)Topics : The Bali Agriculture and Food Security Agency previously confirmed that the pigs had died from the virus but it later backtracked and asserted that it was only a suspicion, saying that the agency would wait for lab test results to confirm the source of the outbreak.Read also: Keep calm, eat pork: Bali official changes tune, saying swine fever not confirmed yetSyahrul said the number of deaths caused by the ASF had decreased significantly because the local administration had implemented biosecurity measures to reduce the risk of virus transmission among pigs.He went on to say that the North Sumatra administration was no longer considering the culling of pigs in the province to halt the virus spread because the government was developing an antidote or vaccine to address the disease. Agriculture Minister Syahrul Yasin Limpo has assured that the African Swine Fever (ASF) outbreak had only hit and affected pigs in North Sumatra, and that the virus had not spread to any other of the country’s regions. “The outbreak only hit North Sumatra and the trend [of pigs dying from the virus] has gradually declined,” Syahrul said on Thursday. Following reports of the ASF killing some 46,000 pigs in North Sumatra since last year, Bali followed to confirm that more than 800 pigs on the resort island had been killed by a mysterious disease since December.
He started Assault Race Cars with Randy Havlik in 2017 and bought both Victory Chassis and Zero 1 Shocks last year. “This program is a good way for us to get our feet wet with IMCA and get national exposure,” KMJ owner and long-time Modified driver Tony Hofbauer said. “This will be a good thing for us and for the drivers.” Those certificates will be given at designated specials for IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Late Models, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks, Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods and Smiley’s Racing Products Southern SportMods. Drivers in the same four divisions competing in Assault and Victory cars receive free pit passes when they race this season at Marshalltown. They’ll also receive a 2020 chassis for winning the 2019 track title there. STORY CITY, Iowa – New sponsor KMJ Performance makes a top five finish pay off even more at 80 IMCA special events in 2019. KMJ’s initial sponsorship program extends to the biggest event in all of dirt track racing, as a 2020 chassis will be awarded to any Modified, Stock Car, Hobby Stock or Northern SportMod winning the Saturday night main event at the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s in an Assault or Victory ride. KMJ now has 32 employees working in Story City. A 45,000 square foot building is home to corporate offices, storefront and aluminum fabricating, with a 40,000 square foot building home to warehousing and a welding shop. Havlik was the 2009 Super Nationals Modified champion; Hofbauer was runner-up in the 2003 event. The Story City, Iowa, chassis and high performance parts manufacturer and distributor gives $200 gift certificates good toward the purchase of any four shock package, or $250 certificates, applicable in the purchase of any Victory or Assault chassis. “The flexibility of this program will work very well when targeting special events across the country,” noted IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder. “We are able to give drivers a second option when it comes to the award package and that will really be beneficial at certain events. We are really looking forward to working with Tony and his team at KMJ this season.” Information about both brands of chassis and all KMJ products is available at the www.kmjperformance.com website and on Facebook. Hofbauer started KMJ – the initials of his kids’ first names – at his farm south of Ames in 2005, after selling his interest in Midwest Motorsports. “Randy and I have known each other for a long time but this is something neither one of us ever envisioned,” Hofbauer said of KMJ’s rapid growth. “We ship 4,000-5,000 orders a week and manufacture a private line of Assault Racing Products.”
The STEM Music Academy at 30 Monmouth St. is billed as a “makerspace” by founder and owner Kevin M. Patrick. RED BANK – Wall-to-wall PCs stocked with the latest design software, Oculus Rift VR and eSports gaming stations and a fully developed live music performance space are just part of the allure of the technological wonderland recently launched in the heart of the borough. It’s place where local students can gather after school and on weekends to collaborate with peers on various types projects in assorted mediums, while utilizing the facility’s state-of-the-art equipment. “If you’re a member, this is your playground. You can use everything we have to offer. Parents love that this is a space where there kids can be dropped off and feel safe to explore and experiment with different educational technology and make friends in the process.” According to Patrick, as well as entertainment value, the academy is a space where kids can receive assistance with homework assignments, training in gaming, eSports, music performance, mathematics, digital engineering and STEM learning courses. Patrick said his time working with students helped him conceive the idea for this modern community center, but it was when he began observing the opportunities – or lack thereof – available to his own children that he felt an urgency to bring the vision to life. “My career path has allowed me work with kids and I don’t think it’s any surprise that a lot of them feel alone. They feel caged up. They’re dealing with a lot of different things in their lives with no outlet to express that,” said Patrick. “There needs to be a peer group and a place where that group can share common interests. We offer that, and a staff that is going to take them around, keep them engaged and educate them.” “My 9-year-old has grown up with a touch screen in his hands. My 4-year-old has some trouble making friends because he’s been exposed to so much at an early age, in terms of technology, that it’s hard for him to find common ground,” Patrick said. “The dynamic of today’s culture and kids is not what it was like when we were growing up, but the emotional needs haven’t changed. And unless it was sports or video games or their phones, my kids had no place to turn for that social interaction.” “Our version of the makerspace is one that focuses on community and collaboration. We want kids to come here and not only share ideas, but learn how to develop those ideas together. This is our version of the modern community center,” said Patrick. The STEM Music Academy is located at 30 Monmouth St. in Red Bank, in the former Monmouth Music store. With a background in educational technology investment and partnership strategy, and a music industry career that allowed him to share the stage with local Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Debbie Harry and Blondie from 2003-2007, Patrick had an epiphany last year while teaching private music lessons in Rumson. “These kids are coming in and they’re not learning as much as they can because a lot of the lesson is them opening up and talking to me about their lives. They’re telling their parents it’s the best lesson they ever had, when really it’s therapy,” Patrick explained during a Nov. 29 interview with The Two River Times. “These kids don’t need to learn music or how to work with technology. It’s more important that they establish friendships. But music and technology can be a great facilitator of that.” The academy is currently running two special enrollment offers, including a three-month membership for $399 and a one-month registration for $150. But for Patrick, the space is an opportunity to provide a resource for the Two River-area youth that is more impactful than a piece of technology ever could be. The academy also offers additional music industry courses, like DJ lessons, songwriting workshops, ensemble development and musicology, as well as virtual reality experiences like problem solving on the space shuttle, and Friday evening teen nights with music, dancing and gaming. Located in the former Monmouth Music storefront, Patrick officially opened the doors to the academy Nov. 1 and said enrollment has increased over the past five weeks as more students and parents have experienced this intersection of educational technology, art and collaborative spirit in a semi-structured setting.