The report credits Samsung’s success to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, as well as flagships, such as the Galaxy S20 series and the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Apple also had a delayed launch for its iPhone 12 series which prevented the Cupertino giant from getting that push in sales. Typically, Apple launches new iPhone models in September, which is the end of the third quarter. This time, the launch took place in October.Lastly, the report adds that in terms of the global smartphone market in Q3 2020, Samsung took the top spot with 21.9 percent share, beating Huawei and Xiaomi.An analysis by International Data Corporation (IDC) for Indian smartphone market for Q3 2020 also revealed that Samsung came in second with 12.1 million smartphones shipped, but had a significant 38.1 percent growth compared to Q3 2019.- Advertisement – Samsung has surpassed Apple for the first time in three years by shipping the highest number of smartphones in the third quarter of 2020 in the US. According to the analysis carried out by Strategy Analytics, Samsung had a market share of 33.7 percent in the US this year. Apple came in second, followed by LG. The report says that Samsung was able to take the lead this time thanks to its mid-tier and budget smartphones, along with the launch of its new Samsung Galaxy S20 series.As per the report by Korean Herald citing Strategy Analytics, for the first time since 2017, Samsung has surpassed Apple in terms of total smartphones shipped in a quarter. In the third quarter of 2020, Samsung accounted for 33.7 percent of the US smartphone market which is a 6.7 percent growth compared to last year’s third quarter. Apple came in second with 30.2 percent market share. LG followed with 14.7 percent market share.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Is this the end of the Samsung Galaxy Note series as we know it? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
(REUTERS) – Former paceman Ryan Harris has taken a major step towards achieving his ambition of becoming Australia’s permanent bowling coach after the 36-year-old was handed the role for the team’s limited-overs tour of South Africa.Harris, who retired from all forms of cricket last year, played 27 Tests, 21 one-day internationals and three Twenty20s for Australia.He will join head coach Darren Lehmann and assistant coach David Saker on the tour starting on September 27, where Australia will play a single one-dayer against Ireland and a five-match series against hosts South Africa.“It’s great experience to learn from David Saker and Darren Lehmann, I’m really just going to sit back and watch and learn,” said Harris, who took 113 wickets in Tests and a further 44 in the 50-over format.“Eventually, I’d like to work my way to the top and become a bowling coach of the Australian team one day. Just like playing, you have to earn your stripes and learn the ropes.”Lehmann welcomed the appointment of Harris, who is currently the assistant coach of Australia’s national performance squad.“I’m excited to have Ryan on board, a player and person of his calibre will no doubt offer strengths to our national side,” Lehmann said in a statement.“It’s a win-win having two experienced coaches in Ryan and David Saker being able to nurture our young group, particularly the up and coming bowlers joining, and we expect a positive response both on and off the field.”