Brazil legend Ronaldo Nazario has admitted that he had expected better from Neymar following his struggles at the World CupThe Paris Saint-Germain forward was only able to find the back of the net twice for Brazil in the competition and was unable to make an impact as the Selecao were surprisingly knocked out by Belgium in the quarter-finals.In fact, Neymar received more recognition for his theatrics on the pitch while reacting to tackles and any physical alterations with opposition players with fans having even gone as far as creating a game called the “Neymar Challenge”.But Ronaldo, who is widely considered to be one of the greatest players in World Cup history, did suggest that Neymar’s foot injury, which ended his club season at PSG in February, may have been a possible reason as to why he failed to produce the level of performances that had been expected of him.Ronaldo told Sport: “We all expected more from him because he’s the star of the team,”“I don’t know if it was because of the operation he had on his foot or another problem but I saw him as quite limited on the pitch.Neymar responds to PSG criticism with a stunning winner Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Despite all the backlash he got today at Parc des Princes, Neymar responded by scoring a stunning winner vs Strasbourg.We all knew that Neymar’s…“To arrive at a World Cup following an operation and three months out is complicated. To play the first match as if nothing had happened is difficult.”The next World Cup in Qatar in four years time may be Neymar’s last chance to win the tournament due to the fact that he will be 30 years old come the start of the competition.But Ronaldo feels that the 26-year-old still has time on his side to make an impact.“He must learn from this World Cup because at 26 he is still a young boy,” he said.“Either way, he’s an extremely talented young man who carries a great deal of responsibility.”
Juventus midfielder Juan Cuadrado believes that there are still aspects of his own game that he must improveThe Colombia international started as a right wing-back for Juventus in Wednesday night’s Serie A game against Bologna.Goals from Paulo Dybala and Blaise Matuidi inside the opening 16 minutes at Turin enabled Juventus to maintain their 100% winning start to the season after six games.“I am very happy with the team’s overall performance,” Cuadrado told the club website.Juventus confirm Mario Mandzukic could leave this month Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Sporting director Fabio Paratici confirmed reports that Mario Mandzukic could leave Juventus for a move to an unnamed Qatari team.“When we play ball to feet, we’re effective and fun. I think we’ve made a great start to this season and we must keep up the good work.”But the 30-year-old, who gave Cristiano Ronaldo his no.7 jersey in the summer, feels there are aspects of his game that still need work.“As far as my own performance is concerned, I still have room for improvement and, when I attempt one-on-one moves, I must make the most of my characteristics, but I’m working every day to raise my game further.”Juventus will next face title rivals Napoli at the Allianz Stadium in Turin on Saturday.
Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has denied suggestions that he only joined Paris Saint-Germain for one last big chequeThe 40-year-old made the surprise switch to PSG in the summer from Juventus in order to continue his top-flight career.But there have been rumours going about suggesting that Buffon’s main reason for going to France was just for the money with nine of PSG’s players among the Ligue 1’s top 10 earners.The 2006 World Cup winner reportedly earns just under €5m a year at the Parc Des Princes.“There’s always a bit of envy, that’s human too,” Buffon told Corriere della Sera on those rumours.“The first rule is not to be conditioned by the judgements and ideas of others. I will never prostitute my ideals and dreams for money. If I was going to then I’d have done it long before now.How Dagba become one of PSG’s regulars Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 21-year-old full-back Colin Dagba had a very difficult time to break into professional football, but now he’s one of PSG’s regular players.“Money is important, it’s a means to live better, but I’m not venal.“They thought I was a madman, or a statue only missing the pigeons. My enthusiasm makes me young though, and if I want to continue I can’t be like an old grandpa.“Sometimes I’m more ‘stupid’ than someone who is 20 and people don’t realise my age.“I’m very proud to be here, because to receive an offer from a club like this is a big satisfaction.“I always gave my best, I am sure I behaved well and life rewarded me with this bonus.”Buffon has made 13 appearances for PSG in all competitions this season.
Alan Shearer has explained why Unai Emery’s substitutes were very effective during Arsenal’s derby victory against Tottenham Hotspur.Speaking on BBC’s Match of the Day programme on Sunday, Shearer was full of praise for how Emery used his options off the bench with two of those substitutes coming in on the stroke of half-time.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang opened the scoring for Arsenal with penalty kick only for Tottenham to turn things around courtesy of goals from Eric Dier and Harry Kane.It was through the hard work of Emery’s substitutes that the Gunners regained control of the match, firstly through another Aubameyang goal that levelled the score at 2-2, before Lacazette and Lucas Torreira finished off the visitors.Shearer hailed Emery’s decision to take off Alex Iwobi and Henrikh Mkhitaryan as the key reason why the Gunners saw off their North London rivals.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“He did it brilliantly today,” he said, according to Football.London. “At half-time, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan were ineffective in the first half.”“He brought Ramsey and Lacazette on and what these two players did was make the pitch bigger, stretched Tottenham out and played Ramsey in the No. 10 role.”“They invited him to run in behind, get in between the centre-halves Juan Foyth and Jan Vertonghen, and he did that all the second half.”
KUSI Newsroom, Posted: February 26, 2019 Children’s Nature Retreat in Alpine annual fundraiser gala February 26, 2019 KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The Children’s Nature Retreat in Alpine is planning to hold its annual fundraiser gala on March 2nd at the Hilton San Diego Resort in Mission Bay.Organizers said The Retreat is unique as guests can approach our animals and have an interaction with them. Their enclosures are large and they can stay away if they decide to, therefore, they connect with you only on their terms.The event allows The Retreat to maintain the preschool and nursery in Burkina Faso Africa and offer scholarships to students in middle school and high school.For ticket information click here. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Email Additional albums expected sooner rather than later from Legacy include Prince’s GRAMMY-nominated 3121 from 2006 and The Gold Experience from 1995. From 1996-2001, fans are about to re-receive Emancipation, Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic and The Rainbow Children.Like modern appreciation of David Bowie, the imagination and reinterpretations surrounding Prince’s body of work are joining burgeoning academic disciplines such as studies of Beyoncé and Solange. This is the year after all that Kendrick Lamar received rap’s first Pulitzer Prize. The bulk of Prince’s massive catalog is set to be re-released under the new deal Philip MerrillGRAMMYs Jun 28, 2018 – 7:10 am On June 27 Sony Music Entertainment’s Legacy Recordings and the Prince Estate announced a comprehensive distribution deal to re-release Prince’s 1978–2015 album, in stages, beginning with the great artist’s 1995–2010 work. The immense range and quality of Prince’s creative output will take years to appreciate and SME Legacy was selected to steward memories that will become renewed listening experiences for millions. NETWORK ERRORCannot Contact ServerRELOAD YOUR SCREEN OR TRY SELECTING A DIFFERENT VIDEO May 15, 2017 – 1:50 am Prince: “Albums still matter” Facebook News Sony had already distributed Prince’s 2004 Musicology and 2007 Planet Earth albums. The “Musicology” title track won Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance at the 47th GRAMMY Awards while the album’s “Call My Name” won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance. At the 50th GRAMMY Awards, “Future Baby Mama” from Planet Earth won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance. NETWORK ERRORCannot Contact ServerRELOAD YOUR SCREEN OR TRY SELECTING A DIFFERENT VIDEO May 15, 2017 – 1:50 am Prince’s GRAMMY memories https://twitter.com/SonyLegacyRecs/status/1011983627406790656 “We’re looking forward to working with the heirs and Sony on giving fans what they’ve been waiting for,” said Prince Estate adviser Troy Carter, “more great music from Prince.” Rolling Stone summarizes some of the material Legacy will begin distributing over the years ahead.We’re also awaiting the Warner Bros. Records release, Piano & A Microphone: 1983, coming in Sept. The material from Prince’s vault is a whole different flow many hope will form a river of its own, streaming online.With this new distribution deal, Prince’s legacy continues to grow as he is a major part of our music and cultural history, and his creative works will long be shared and re-remembered.Catching Up On Music News Powered By The Recording Academy Just Got Easier. Have A Google Home Device? “Talk To GRAMMYs”Read more Twitter Legacy Recordings To Release Prince’s Back Catalog legacy-recordings-distribute-princes-1978%E2%80%932015-releases Legacy Recordings To Distribute Prince’s 1978–2015 Releases
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Community Fund is helping residents reduce waste by helping to protect the environment in a more sustainable day-to-day effort. Their reusable tote bags offer many environmental benefits, as well as convenience, value and ease!The Wilmington Community Fund wants to help by giving away reusable bags (1 per person) at the following locations on Sunday, June 23, 2019, starting at 10am:Elia’s Country StoreFarmers Market (140 Middlesex Avenue)Lucci’s SupermarketMarket Basket Plaza The giveaways are on a first-come-first-serve basis.Be sure to bring your Wilmington Community Fund tote bag on your next grocery trip. While you’re there, consider donating a non-perishable food item to the Community Fund’s Food Pantry. With your help, WCF can achieve its motto, “People Helping People”.To learn more about how you can support WCF, click HERE.(NOTE: The above announcement is from Wilmington Community Fund.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedREMINDER: Wilmington Community Fund To Give Away Reusable Tote Bags On June 23In “Community”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Sunday, June 23, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Sunday, June 30, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”
Mohammad Rakibul Hasan. Photo: Prothom AloMohammad Rakibul Hasan is a Bangladeshi photographer working for Zuma Press in the US. He also works as a freelance photographer for various local and foreign organisations. This Bangladeshi photographer received the prestigious The Human Rights Press Award this year for his photographs of rape survivor Rohingya women.It all started in 2007. He used to go to Cox’s Bazaar to take pictures. He went to the Rohingya camp in Cox’s Bazaar to click pictures of displaced Rohingya refugees for his organisation. He met Rohingya women who were raped by the Myanmar army before they fled for refuge to Bangladesh. He took their photos and listened to their stories that made his heart bleed.He created a series with the photographs in 2018, called ‘Looted honour’. Rakubul Hasan received the 23rd Human Rights Press Award for these photographs this year.The Hong Kong based organisation honours media persons for their outstanding report on human rights issues across Asia every year.The sponsors of the award event are The Foreign Correspondents Club, Hong Kong , Hong Kong Journalist Association and Amnesty International. Rakibul was selected in the Photo Series category out of 16 several categories.His photos depicted the grievous sufferings of Rohingya women that shook up anybody.“It’s a very sensitive task. It is unethical to reveal the identity and image of a rape victim as per the rule of journalism. It’s different in this matter. Many of them sought justice,” Rakibul told Prothom Alo.“I only took photographs and interviews of those who consented and agreed to talk,” he added.Rakibul was affected by the horror and trauma of those rape survivors.Rakibul began his photography career in 2002 when he was a graduate student of Sydney University, Australia. Photography became his profession when he started his career as a photographer in a national daily newspaper in Bangladesh in 2006..Besides, he took numerous photos that illustrated effects of climate change, river erosion and the traumatic stories of atrocities to the Rohingya refugees.Rakibul went to take photos in conflict areas such as the Philippines. He tooke shots of a conflict between to militant groups in there.He received recognitions for that works. He was awarded several times at home and abroad.He received the Lucy Award-2018 from USA.“Receiving an award is always a matter of great joy. It develops one’s sense of responsiblity and boosts interest in work,” Rakibul said.“Human rights issues are of my great interest. We may not be able to stop wars by photography. What we can do is awaken people’s thoughts. And that may decrease wars to an extent,” he added.*This piece, originally published in Prothom Alo print edition, has been rewritten in English by Farjana Liakat