Gerrard boosts value of his personal firm to £7m

first_img Loading… The accounts show he has invested more than in £280,000 in launching his own brand of bottled water called Angel Revive. He has previously plugged the product on his Instagram account and it has been described as “the only naturally alkaline water brand produced in the UK”. The Gers boss has his own clothing brand called SSG Apparel and has also used his social media accounts to endorse a number of products including scented candles. The Steven Gerrard Foundation was set up in 2011 to provide additional funding for a range of children’s charitable organisations and projects. Gerrard was appointed Rangers manager in June, 2018, and his side currently sit two points off the top of the Scottish Premiership with a game in hand after beating Celtic 2-1 on December 29. Read Also:Ovie  Ejaria  hasty in Liverpool return says Steven Gerrard Last month he signed a two-year extension to his contract which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2024. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Liverpool legend set up Steven Gerrard Promotions during his playing career to channel his off field income from the likes of sponsorship deals. Accounts filed at Companies House for the 39-year-old’s firm show its has net assets of £6,963,562. That includes an investment portfolio worth £6m, cash held in a bank account and money owed to it by debtors. The company made a profit of more than £500,000 for the year up to March 31, 2019 and its value increased by more than £113,000 on the previous year’s figure. Gerrard is secretary and co-director of the company along with his brother Paul.Advertisement Rangers manager, Steven Gerrard’s boosted the value of his personal company to £7million last year. Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith8 Fascinating Facts About CoffeeTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldMesmerizing Pictures Of World’s Most Beautiful StaircasesThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It Appeared7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes7 Famous And Incredibly Unique Places In Thailand10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too Soonlast_img read more

Energised Powell ready for Pride clash

first_img(CMC) – Exciting all-rounder Rovman Powell has given the assurance Jamaica Scorpions will be ready for their clash with Barbados Pride in today’s final of the Regional Super50.The 23-year-old was one of the stars for his side as they clobbered two-time reigning champions Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in Wednesday’s first semi-final by 292 runs, to surge into the championship game.“We are focusing on what we have control over and how we as a team play and once we play good enough cricket – each and everyone in the team come to the party – I think Jamaica Scorpions have a very good chance of lifting the title,” the West Indies player said.“It’s just for us now to regroup and come again. There’s not a lot a time before the final so it’s always important to keep that competitive edge about us going into the final.”Powell produced a man-of-the-match performance, slamming a scintillating 95 to help Scorpions amass a regional record 434 for four off their 50 overs at Coolidge Cricket Ground.Though opener Chadwick Walton (117) and Jermaine Blackwood (108 not out) struck maiden centuries, it was Powell’s astonishing exhibition of hitting that took Scorpions past 400.He faced just 45 deliveries and belted six fours and nine sixes, in an entertaining 163-run third-wicket partnership with Blackwood.“I couldn’t ask for a better game. I think the team played well and the team gave me the (support) to come out and execute what I did. So all kudos go to the team,” he pointed out.“It wasn’t easy. We came up against a lot of experienced bowlers in the Trinidad unit but the platform was laid for a person like me with a little bit of power and I think I did my talent and my team justice.“What I did was take a few balls first (before) I got going and after I got going, I could expand and go big.”Powell then returned with his varied medium pace to snatch five for 36 and complete a brilliant all-round performance, as Red Force crashed for just 142.The haul was his maiden five-wicket effort in 50-overs competition and he said he had made use of a wicket which played to his strengths.“To be honest, the wicket suited me,” he noted.“It was not the fastest wicket and once the wicket isn’t fast, medium pacers who bowl a lot of cutters and use their fingers on the ball can get a lot of assistance because it’s not a fast wicket so some of the balls will grip and some will slide through.“It was a matter of coming out here and executing.”last_img read more

Dalung to Approach Presidency over Rio2016 Preparations

first_imgBy Duro IkhazuagbeNigeria’s preparations for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro is been hampered by the inability to account for the N2.9billion released by the Federal Government to the defunct National Sports Commission (NSC) last year.Speaking in Lagos last weekend, Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung, said that the money meant for the 2015 All Africa Games as well as the preparations for the Rio2016, could not be properly accounted for which explains why the Federal Government was reluctant in releasing further funds.Now, Dalung has promised to take the matter of Nigeria’s preparations for the summer games to the Presidency to avoid a repeat of the failure at London 2012  in Brazil.“The money was meant for the 2015 African Games, as well as preparation and participation in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, but as I am talking to you now, I don’t have money to call our athletes to camp, and we have not been able to go back to the Presidency for more money because we have not retired the one they gave to us,” declared the minister who was in Lagos to inaugurate the 20 boats donated to the Rowing and Sailing federation.Dalung further revealed that the said money was released to the former director general of the defunct NSC, Mallam Al Hassan Yakmut and the Presidency insisted that it must be accounted for before more money can be given to sports for the Olympic preparations and participation. “A few days ago, I got the explanation of how the money was spent, but I believe we can do better than that. We have to be tidy in everything we do so that people will look at us with respect. We will go back to the Presidency to bail us out in respect of the Olympic Games in Brazil,” stressed Dalung.While also speaking on the country’s sports facilities most of which were in sorry states, Dalung said that the former Games Village in Afuze in Edo State was worse than the shrine in his town in Plateau State.“The Games Village in Afuze, is worse than the local shrine in my village. We have however set up a committee to go round and give us an update report on the state of these facilitiesThey will be brought back to life. All the abandoned sports projects scattered all over the country will be completed and put to use for the benefit of our youths,” stressed the sports minister. “I am not going to build new facilities when the ones we have are not being utilised effectively. So, what I will do is to update all the facilities to make them useful to our athletes. “We have secured a sponsor, a developer backed by banks to refurbish the National Stadium, Lagos. He will also build a five-star hotel within the facility. “The Abuja Stadium will also be redeveloped by a concessionaire, who will build an artificial lake within the facility. That lake will take care of most water sports when completed,” he promised.Dalung also explained that he had no hand in the scrapping of the NSC, stressing that  it was done within the purview of the civil service.  “The Federal Government was in the process of merging some of the departments and ministries when I assumed office in November. I was not a member of the body charged with that responsibility, but I knew about the proceedings through the permanent secretary, who briefed me on what was going on. “Unfortunately, the former NSC Director General, (Yakmut), had a good argument on why the NSC should be retained, but he never brought that argument to me. I would have been able to convince the committee on the need to retain the NSC. And so when he came to me after the committee had concluded its assignment, there was nothing I could do about it. I could not call them back to begin the process afresh,” revealed Dalung. Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more