Mungion Has Van, Trailer, Gear, Lights, And All Stolen Ahead Of First-Ever Headlining Tour

first_imgLate last week while on the road for their first headlining tour, Chicago band Mungion faced quite the unfortunate circumstance, when their van, trailer and subsequently, all of their gear, were stolen from the West Village neighborhood in Detroit, MI. The theft took place at 11 am CST on Friday, August 25th. In an effort to recover the missing gear—including their instruments, lighting rig, monitors, amps, merch, and more—the band has launched a GoFundMe campaign earlier today, hoping to make a dent in the estimated $41,500 worth of loss.Mungion has issued the following statement via Facebook:Last weekend, while on the road, we were staying out in Detroit and woke up to find our van and trailer stolen with all of our gear, merchandise, lights, and other valuable belongings in them. Although we are grateful that everyone is safe, our livelihood was taken from us in the blink of an eye. After going from door to door in the neighborhood we were able to track down some surveillance video that showed two men breaking in and stealing our van and trailer. Unfortunately, there was not much the authorities or anyone could do. After filing the police report and talking to neighbors we piled up in a hatchback and drove 6 hours to New York to play because the show must always go on!Our very first tour as a headlining band is coming up in the next week and we need your help to get us back on our feet. Everything that was taken from us is estimated at around $50,000 total. Now more than ever, we need the help from our Mung Family to pick us back up and make the force even stronger! Any donations will help, big or small. We promise to reciprocate all of the positive energy and love through each and every show we play. We are able to do what we love because of ALL of you and could not imagine going through this journey alone. WE thank you in advance for all of your help, love, and support. We know that something like this will only make us stronger.The band is hoping friends and fans alike will help spread the word via social media. If you have any more information on the whereabouts of the band’s belongings, please contact them via their GoFundMe campaign or reach out to their publicist at: [email protected] those unfamiliar with Mungion and their music, please enjoy a video of “Sloob Syndrome” shot live at Chrysler Studios last October:Please consider helping Mungion during this terrible time, and donate to the GoFundMe here:As of now, all scheduled dates will go on as planned; please find a full list below. More Info here.MUNGION // 2017 Tour Dates9/7 – Denver, CO – Globe Hall9/9 – Bellvue, CO – Canyon Jam @ The Mishawaka9/13 – Omaha, NE – Slowdown9/14 – Des Moines, IA – Vaudeville Mews9/21 – Thornville, OH – Resonance Music and Arts Festival9/28 – Stevens Point, WI – The Encore9/29 – Menasha, WI – The Source Public House9/30 – Minneapolis, MN – The Hook and Ladder10/18 – Columbus, OH – Notes10/19 – Cincinnati, OH – Octave10/20 – Peoria, IL – Kenny’s Westside Pub10/21 – Urbana, IL – The Canopy Club10/27 – Palatine, IL – Durty Nellie’s11/4 – Dekalb, IL – The House Cafe11/8 – Grand Rapids, MI – The Stache11/9 – Ferndale, MI – Parliament Room at Otus Supply11/10 – Cleveland, OH – Grog Shop11/11 – Erie, PA – Kings Rook Club11/14 – Buffalo, NY – Buffalo Iron Works11/15 – New York, NY – American Beauty11/16 – Northampton, MA – Iron Horse Music Hall11/17 – Allston, MA – Great Scott11/18 – Burlington, VT – Nectar’slast_img read more

Tokyo 2020 Olympics ‘cursed,’ says Japan’s deputy prime minister

first_imgJapan’s deputy prime minister,Taro Aso, has pointed to the history of the Olympics to explain why the Tokyo 2020 Games have been “cursed” by the novel coronavirus outbreak. “The Olympics should not be held in a situation people in the world can’t enjoy,” she told the Nikkei newspaper.“As far as I can tell, athletes in the United States and Europe are unable to train as normal and finish their qualifying matches. That makes it impossible for them to appear well prepared at the start, with all the associated risks.” Kentaro Itawa, a Japanese infectious disease expert who criticized inadequate infection control on board the quarantined cruise ship the Diamond Princess, said the Olympics should be canceled. “The Olympics are not just a mass gathering, but a mass gathering from all over the world, while COVID is a global pandemic,” Iwata reportedly wrote on his blog.“These two things don’t go together.” Meanwhile, Tokyo 2020 President Yoshiro Mori has not been included in a list of those thought to be at risk of Covid-19 despite meeting with another Olympic official who was diagnosed with the virus Tuesday. Mori is confirmed to have attended the same meeting on March 10 as Kozo Tashima, vice president of the Olympic Committee and president of the Japan Football Association. “Following their consultation with JFA president Tashima, the local health authorities have contacted all those they believe to be at risk of having contracted the virus from him,” said a statement from Tokyo 2020 organizers.“Neither the organizing committee nor Tokyo 2020 president Mori have been contacted in this regard by the local health authority.” Read Also:Coronavirus: Athletes criticise Olympic organisers’ plans to proceed with Tokyo Games Tashima is undergoing treatment for the virus after returning from a UEFA board meeting in the Netherlands that included a stop in the US. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Top 10 Tiniest Phones Ever Made9 Iconic Roles Nobody Wanted To Play10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Network’s Greatest Shows On HBOThe Best Cars Of All Time5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too FarWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe Aso has suggested that the Olympics get entwined in global affairs every 40 years, saying it is no surprise the virus, which has infected nearly 220,000 people worldwide, should threaten to cancel or postpone this year’s Games. World War II forced the 1940 Summer and Winter Games in Japan to be canceled, while in 1980, the United States led a boycott of the Games in protest against the Soviet Union’s invasion of Afghanistan. “The Sapporo Winter Olympics, which should have happened in 1940, went away, the next Moscow games in 1980 was half blown away because of the boycott of Western countries,” Aso said. “Another 40 years makes it this year. The mass media would love this expression if I say it’s a cursed Olympics — but it’s a reality.”Aso is no stranger to making controversial comments. Earlier this year he came under fire after apparently blaming childless women for Japan’s demographic woes. This week, Olympic organizers announced that no “drastic decisions” will be made about the Games, currently scheduled to get underway in July, and urged athletes to continue their preparation as planned — comments that roused dissent among the athlete community. Gyms, running tracks and training centers are closing around the world as members of the public are encouraged to stay indoors, while numerous qualifying events also face being canceled. Japan Olympic Committee board member Kaori Yamaguchi, a judo bronze medalist at the 1988 Olympics, called for the Games to be postponed because athletes are unable to prepare adequately. Loading… last_img read more

Nickell Robey-Coleman says pass was tipped during controversial no-call play in Rams-Saints game

first_imgRobey-Coleman now claims “someone on the field said the ball was tipped,” according to The Athletic. A tipped pass would make pass interference inapplicable, ProFootballTalk notes. Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman appears to be changing his stance on what happened during a controversial play involving Saints receiver Tommylee Lewis in the NFC championship game.Robey-Coleman was trying to stop Lewis from scoring a touchdown with the score tied at 20 and the ball in the red zone. Lewis was knocked down by Robey-Coleman and failed to catch the pass. Robey-Coleman appeared to make contact with Lewis before the ball arrived, but the referees did not call a penalty. The NFL later fined Robey-Coleman $26,739 for the hit. Just an FYI: I spoke to #Rams Nickell Robey-Coleman about this and he is adamant someone on the field said the ball was tipped. At the very least there is some compelling video showing that might have been the case. https://t.co/lJ8o0KRMRM— Vincent Bonsignore (@VinnyBonsignore) January 26, 2019There is some video evidence that could prove Robey-Coleman’s case depending on the angle: Related News NFL playoffs 2019: Social media reacts to controversial no-call in final minutes of Saints-Rams matchup @slotgod23 👀👀https://t.co/bxiTKQy9yR— Vincent Bonsignore (@VinnyBonsignore) January 26, 2019The Saints ended up kicking a field goal and the Rams answered with one of their own to force overtime. Los Angeles went on to win 26-23 in overtime, though the play created a strong reaction from the NFL community. Saints coach Sean Payton said he spoke with someone in the league office who told him “they blew the call.”The Rams will face the Patriots in Super Bowl 53 on Feb. 3 with kickoff set for 6:30 p.m. ET.last_img read more